Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

What does this report mean

Customer Question
What does this report mean
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Oncology
7/28/2017
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 9 months ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

it looks like you had a protein electrophoresis blood test

why did you have this done?

there is more to the report as well.

Nope fna test of my lymph node
I don't see anything more on report
The interpretation is listed what does that mean

I see.

this is a flow cytometry analysis of cells in your lymph node.

it should be part more of a full pathology report from the lymph node biopsy.

pathologist run flow cytometry analysis of cells aspirated from a lymph node to look for sigsn of lymphoma or mononuclear cells (many cells which have come from one cell origin)

it is normal to find T cells in your lymph node

what is good is that they didn't find signs of cancer or lymphoma in your lymph node.

That's what it says ? Does it point towards anything

no, it doesn't point towards anything

it shows there is no cancer and no lymphoma in that lymph node

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Have a weird question one year ago I was placed on prometrium 200 mg daily because was only making estrogen and was getting thick lining with polyps I asked my gyne if this hormone being identical hormone could cause breast cancer was told no now I have a tiny lump went to top breast Dr thinks it's nothing but having it checked I asked him and he said prometrium poses a risk for breast cancer . I take it every day because 10 times a month wasn't working so now I feel stuck ! I don't know what to believe

I am a cancer doctor

there is a small increased risks for breast cancer with taking prometrium.

if you are not having more children, you can stop the prometrium and have a hysterectomy.

Normal doseage is 10 times a month I take every day for a year and 10xs month for a year or two before ! I am scared I am doomed already . Would the higher doseage already have done something ? I still get my period and make a good amount of estrogen .

you are not doomed already

you can stop it and have a hysterectomy.

you don't have breast cancer now

it would not have done something.

I have a lump that the top breast cancer Dr felt today going for a diagnostic mammogram and intense sonogram he said he's not worried but I am scared plus if I get a hysterectomy I have idiopathic pericardial effusion . I should be in menopause soon I will be 51 next month

don't be scared.

I bet you don't have breast cancer.

I hope you are right but think I have a higher chance due to the higher dosage I have taken
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago

there is nothing you can do about that now

stop the prometrium and you will be fine.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Would it happen over that period of time

no, you would not develop cancer over that period of time.

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)