Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I went to my PCP in December of 2015 and she said I had

Customer Question

I went to my PCP in December of 2015 and she said I had Pleurisy and put me on steroids and muscle relaxers. And the I went back to her in September of 2016 for the same issue-horrible upper back pain. She did the same treatment. I asked her if this could be bone cancer and she said "we are not going to go there!" But the pain never went away! I finally got a second opinion and he ordered a CT scan and said because of my history of thyroid cancer and breast cancer, he said it could be bone cancer! Sure enough. I had a compression fracture of my 4th vertebrae and a mass that turned out to be cancer from the breast cancer I had 7 years ago! What do you think my outcome would have been if my first PCP would have done a CT scan in Dec of 2015?
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: What do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I was just wondering if I would have needed surgery if this would have been caught in Dec of 2015?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

The outcome would have been obviously far better. A delayed detection causes disease progression.

With your past medical history; a CT scan or MRI of the back was mandatory for your symptoms.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.