Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Patient details: Female, age 29, had a baby in november,

Customer Question
Patient details: Female Doctor's...

Patient details: Female

Doctor's Assistant: Have you experienced any bleeding? Pain? Unintentional weight loss?

Age 29, had a baby in november, breastfeeding since november. recently found a lump on the left breast. went to ultra sound after 1 week of finding the lump. the ultra sound says Left breast has a THICK WALLED CYSTIC LESION MEASURING 16X14 MM WITH IRREGULAR MARGINS AT 9 O CLOCK POSITION SHOWING INTERNAL ECHOS. SURROUNDING INFLAMATION IS NOTED. NO INVOLVEMENT OF LYMPH NODES NOTED. DIAGNOSIS: POSSIBILITY OF INFECTED CYST WITH FOCAL MASTITIS. SUGGESTED REPEAT SCAN AFTER COURSE OF ANTIBIOTICS. TABLETS :- TAXIM-O 200mg(CEFIXIME TABLETS IP).

Doctor's Assistant: When did you first notice this? When was your last mammogram?

Noticed it on 18th march 2017, last mammogram was done in october 2017 followed by a ultrasound to check about a lump, but doctor told it was benign and pathologically looked normal, no needle biopsy of follow up was done. this lump was in right breast.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Sorry october 2014

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Oncology
3/25/2017
Oncologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Your ultrasound is typical of an infection in the cyst. This is common in women who are breast feeding. This is likely to resolve with a course of antibiotics.

If you are worried about something serious like cancer; please do not worry at all.

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)