Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I took away a pvns tumor of 1.5 litre two years ago in left

Customer Question

hi, I took away a pvns tumor of 1.5 litre two years ago in left hip. now I have something that looks like the same in my left brain. it is also gel like and thin wall. doctors are so unaware about this illness that I am afraid they do not know what to do. I am in Spain now but want to go to US for operation in a hospital that are used to many brain surgeries. the cyst/tumour in brain is 1.6×2×2 cm. maybe one more very small. pvns is taken away 2 years ago and they have not found anything else in my body but they call the mass in the brain metastas... Any advices?
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: not for now
Category: Oncology
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, it looks like T
MS as my mum and grand mum has
Two lesions in head:-( Very scary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Spoke to doctors today and they actually start to be less against what I am telling. https://www.facebook.com/groups/343321029091482/1239819199441656/?ref=notif&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&notif_id=1487071850116765
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry that you suffered from a Pigmented villonodular synovitis tumor in your hip. This type of tumor which is NOT associated with cancer is usually found in the joints and not in the brain. Since you have been diagnosed with a brain cyst, the recommended treatment is surgery. Tumefactive Multiple Sclerosis, then the treatment is treating the symptoms of fatigue, muscle spasm, etc. If however, the cyst is compressing brain tissue, then surgery is needed to relieve the pressure. There are several hospitals in the US that would be beneficial for you: Mass General, Duke University Hospital and UCLA Medical Center. There are others, but these 3 are considered to be the best for brain surgery/diagnosis/treatment.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi. It is not pvns I think it is. It is rare form of Multiple Skleros as my mum and grand mum have.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

If it is TMS and the cyst is NOT causing neurologic changes (stroke like symptoms) then there is no need for surgery. The treatment is to control the symptoms of muscle spasticity, weakness, urinary incontinence with appropriate medications. For example Baclofen helps to reduce muscle spasticity, Over the counter Ginkgo Biloba for cognitive function. TMS although a very rare form of MS, is treatable and with the right medication/therapy one can live a useful life.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Sclerosis sorry for my hasty spelling.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thx a lot for your quick insight
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Now need to know it is 100% so but all matches
My family background(mum and grand mum having), how it looks like ("circle"), 1 bigger 2*2*2 and one smaller and all I read from group on Internet with this problem.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I had stroke like experience now but think it will go down with inflammation...
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Best to request a Neuroradiologist to review your films. But since you have already suffered stroke, surgery may be your only option to reduce other neurological incidents.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Maybe, but if it is this type of ms I think "mass" can go down also in size by itself
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

It could also be an Arachnoid Cyst, that's the reason for the Neuroradiologists opinion.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Have you discussed with your doctor or requested another radiologist opinion?