Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

I had a liver cancer operation in which they found a tumer

Customer Question
of 3.5kg and am told...
I had a liver cancer operation in which they found a tumer of 3.5kg and am told they the operation went well from the the specialist who performed the operation.
They have taken 65%of my liver on the right side how long should it take to grow back
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Oncology
11/9/2016
Oncologist: DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor replied 1 year ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Thanks for this question

The liver is a highly regenerating organ

It will grow back fully in 3-6 months.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor