Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

An MRI of my spine showed enlarged paratracheal lymph nodes.

Customer Question
PCP sent me to oncologist...
An MRI of my spine showed enlarged paratracheal lymph nodes. PCP sent me to oncologist who ordered CT scan of abdomen; said he was not concerned with paratracheals. Have been having low grade fevers and night sweats for a year and now experiencing lots of pressure under sternum accompanied by lots of nausea and headaches.
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes. I was also diagnosed with complex partial seizures in August. I am almost 60 years old and never had any issues before now. I feel significant pressure under the sternum, however, which seems to cause the nausea to be more severe. Very concerned!
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had transverse myelitis in 2012, leaving me with permanant nerve damage to the lumbral-sacral nerve roots.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Oncology
10/27/2016
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

new onset seizures, you should get a brain MRI scan to check your brain

do you have any acid reflux? acid reflux can cause pressure under the sternum and enlarged paratracheal lymph nodes.

how large are these paratracheal lymph nodes?

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)