Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

I've been very fatigued for 2 months now, started with a

Customer Question
tearing pain on right side...
I've been very fatigued for 2 months now, started with a tearing pain on right side of abdomen, got ultrasound and it showed my liver was enlarged. Since I've had bad headaches, abdominal swelling, jaw pain like I've got a sinus infection but I don't, bronchitis, bad hip pain came on out of no where. I still have extreme fatigue and most of my blood tests have come back normal. I don't know where to go from here, but something is wrong with me??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Oncology
9/6/2016
Oncologist: DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor replied 1 year ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

were your liver function tests normal?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
except hemoglobin was 15.4 and RDW was high and I had immunity to hepatitis b which I have to start injections for that

Okay are you overweight?

is this a fatty liver?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
15.2 on RDW

Ok. did you see my question above?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am about 40 pounds overweight and abdominal ultrasound showed fatty liver, but all of this came on so sudden and I am on a diet now but don't have the energy to go back to work either
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Liver doctor is going to do a liver biopsy at next appointment, wondering just how bad my liver is but blood tests are showing good

You need to have your thyroid tested and tested for sleep apnea

was this done?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thyroid test is good, I do have sleep apnea also
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My ultrasound also showed a 2 cm cyst, I feel like it's something that hasn't been tested that they are missing because I just have zero energy and I've always been such an active person, any suggestions

I don't think so

liver cysts are common and benign

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

if you have more questions, just reply :)

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor