Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

Dr, are you there?

Customer Question
Dr David , are you...
Dr David , are you there ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Oncology
7/25/2016
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

yes, I am here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Dr David ,Is 99.6 ear a temp in kids ? My daughter has a sore throat and a headache and a tiny earache after coming home from camp today . Can kids get fevers in the summer ?

yes, kids can get viral infections and fevers in the summer. especially at camp.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is 99.6 a temp in the ear ?

that is a very low grade temp.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do kids get fevers in the summer ? Is it common ?

the same way viruses spread in the winter time.

yes, it is common.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She has swimming championships on Sunday . Will this be gone by then ?

only time will tell

hopefully she will get better by sunday.

make sure she doesn't over do it before sunday

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok , so I have to ask ..If a is has fevers due to cancer , do they have symptoms like these too or do they just get fevers with no symptoms ?

this is not fevers due to cancer.

she would not be eating or playing if she had cancer.

she would have other symptoms if she had cancer

I have told you this before.

you don't have to worry about cancer for her

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but what I need to know is , if a kid starts running fevers with sore throat , headache , etc , is that what happens when the kids with cancer get fevers ? Do they just run fevers or do they get virus like symptoms too ?What I'm trying to understand so I don't have to worry so much , if this fever was from cancer would she also have a sore throat and a headache , etc , or do cancer kids just run fevers with no other cold symptoms ?

I told you already

if they had cancer, they would not be playing sports, they would not want to eat, they would be loosing weight, they would have other symptoms.

your child doesn't have these other symptoms.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She had the flu in February , the stomach virus in March and now this . Doesn't that seem like a lot for a 10 year old kid ?

kids often get sick all the time.

this is very common and normal

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Dr D, I took my daughter to the pediatrician yesterday and she has a double ear infection . Her temp has been anywhere from normal to 100.0. She got out on Amoxicillian and took one dose but it upset her stomach so the Dr put her on some other stuff . When will this be gone ? Also , is it normal for her head to be hurting from this ? She's had a headache for 2 days .

yes, a double ear infection can cause headaches and her fevers.

she should take antibiotics with food in her stomach, not on an empty stomach.

take them after a meal.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)