Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

Just noticed on my chest x-ray that I have Biapical scarring

Customer Question
what does this mean JA: How...
Just noticed on my chest x-ray that I have Biapical scarring what does this mean
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: I had anal cancer 3 years ago now my thyroid is out of whack and I am on natural thyroid medicine
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: lots
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Oncology
7/22/2016
Oncologist: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

Bilateral apical scarring ( top portion of both lungs ) could be a pattern seen if you had a past active case of tuberculosis ...

You may be tested to see if that may be the case ...

That would be a primary concern...

Otherwise I would have you consult a pulmonary specialist ...

Have you been a smoker ?

I would advise a chest CT for better view ..

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor