How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Chaithanya Your Own Question
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Category: Oncology
Satisfied Customers: 798
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
Type Your Oncology Question Here...
Dr Chaithanya is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Im extremely

Customer Question

I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Im extremely underweight. Been instructed to eat twice of my normals diet. Im 5"9 120lbs. 25yrs old.
I've been referred to rheumatologist. Because of my high RF of 661 appt is two weeks out. I've only seen endocrinologist. Should I still make an appt with a PCP. I don't have one but I wonder if I should get one and see one for both of these things?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.


I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

Yes, you need to meet a Rheumatologist for sure

He will diagnose if you have any Rheumatic condition like Rheumatoid arthritis.

Later you can consult the PCP to show the advise of both Endocrinologist and Rheumatologist to see for follow up

You can meet both Endocrinologist and Rheumatologist later yearly once.

Hope this helps

Please leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page without missing, which is the only way we experts are compensated for helping you

Any bonus is appreciated

Any follow up questions can be asked after the positive rating [No extra fee]

You can get back to me any time here,

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya