How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Category: Oncology
Satisfied Customers: 9335
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Oncology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has a Desmoid tumor that has the Doctors seem not to

Customer Question

My son has a Desmoid tumor that has the Doctors seem not to be able to control its rapid growth. this has worried us deeply and we looking for someone out there that knows how to treat these kinds of tumors. He is suffering so much and is now having trouble putting clothes on and walking or bending just doing any simple thing is now proving so difficult for him. Is there any one out there that can help him. As a mother this has depressed me so much how can I get help. It's hard to watch him suffer I wish we can trade bodies I don't care even if it kills me I have lived my life I wish my child can get a relief from this. where can I get help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Where is the desmoid tumor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on his left side of his back right on his ribs down to his waist line
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They managed to shrink it by chemo the 1st time when it showed up at 17 years old to a small operable size but they decided not to operate because its too close to his spine. 8 years laer it started getting bigger again and they have been trying all sorts of oral and injections( infusions) chemo and even trial Medications and I think some of those Medication side effect caused it to stop responding to any of the treatment and now none of them works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to take him to other places for 2nd opinion but I have no money.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does any one knows out there, the proper treatment for this?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

What was the opinion of the oncosurgeon? Did you take him to a teaching hospital?