Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

Swollen thymus gland has convex borders, showed up on ct

Customer Question
swollen thymus gland has convex...
swollen thymus gland has convex borders
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: showed up on ct scan 12/ 2015 and again 5 / 2016 it said
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: he does know came up first 12/2015 and on a ct scan 5/ 2016 findings faintly visualized somewhat nodular soft tissue attenuation in the anterior mediastinum may represent thytmic neoplasm the anterior demstrates convex borders also concering neoplasm
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Oncology
6/12/2016
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

you could have a thymic carcinoma

or benign thymoma which can enlarge as well.

you need to see a thoracic surgeon

and see if you can get a biopsy of the mass in your anterior mediastinum

to see if it is a thymoma or thymic carcinoma

has your doctors referred you to see a thoracic surgeon

or an interventional radiologist to do a biopsy?

do you have other questions.

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)