Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

I had a ca125 test done results 47... I also had a pet scan

Customer Question
I had a ca125...
I had a ca125 test done results 47... I also had a pet scan which showed my fallopian tube on the right side lit up. I have previously had a partial hysterectomy approximately 910 years ago does this result mean I have cancer in ovaries or fallopian tube?
JA: What you need to deal with cancer is lots of information. So you are at a good place consulting our Expert to help you decide which treatment path to take.
Customer: OK what do these result mean?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Oncologist should know?
Customer: I recently had my right upper lobe removed due to lung cancer all the lymph nodes came back negative and my thyroid came back negative so we are not thinking that this has spread there just wondering if this is a new cancer and what I am supposed to do now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Oncologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Oncology
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can someone just call me(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/7/2016
Oncologist: dr abid, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

Ca 125 LEVEL NORMALLY LESS THAN 35 , Levels above this is suggestive of some thing going wrong in ovaries .

When its levels are high possibility of cancer should be ruled out with Pelvic CT Scan .

Regards .

Positive feedback will be appreciated from side bar .

Thanks .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK but does if mean I have cancer? What are my treatment options if this is the case?

This is not 100 percent sure that you have cancer .

As far as treatment options are concerned it depends on CT Scan result , if there is no involvement of other tissue or organs than it would be ideal to proceed with removal of ovaries .

Good luck .

dr abid
dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician