Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My dad is 83 years old. He is in dialysis and has prostate

Customer Question

My dad is 83 years old. He is in dialysis and has prostate cancer. Last month he fell and broke his hip.The last result in February 11 was 923. His psa# ***** ***** now. It was in Hospital. He always receive a shot every two months for the cancer. The oncologist want us to bring him to his office to get the shot. He saw him in the hospital. Why he want us to carry him to his office and he can't walk. what we should do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just write my issues in the paragraph above.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Oncologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your dad.

urologist make a lot of money when they give this lupron shot in their office. the shot can be done every 6 months so he doesn't have to keep going back.

if he is not walking well because of this hip fracture, he should be in a nursing home.

the nursing home can transport him by stretcher to the urology office for the lupron shot.

he shouldn't be at home where it can be hard to take care of him.

he should also see a radiation oncology doctor. your father may benefit from 10-14 days of palliative radiation to the hip to kill metastatic prostate cancer cells to the hip which most likely is weakening the bone there causing him to have the fracture of the hip.

let me know if you have questions.