Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

What is a condition with the lung called. there're numerous…

Customer Question
what is a condition with...
what is a condition with the lung called . there're numerous areas of groundglass opacity producing a mosaic appearance in both upper lobes with minor involvement of the apical segments of the lower lobes and minimal involvement of the right middle and lingular lobes
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oncology
3/5/2016
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

you can read more here

http://radiopaedia.org/articles/mosaic-attenuation-pattern-in-lung

Mosaic attenuation is a non-specific finding, which may be seen in any of the following:

1. obstructive small airways disease such as bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis, constrictive bronchiolitis

2. occlusive vascular disease such as chronic pulmonary embolism

or 3. parenchymal disease: high attenuation regions are abnormal and represent ground-glass opacity

there is not one condition which causes this

let me know if you have other questions.