Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have a movable bean sized lump on my right side on top of…

Customer Question
I have a movable...

I have a movable bean sized lump on my right side on top of my rib cage. it doesnt feel as though it is attached as it moves freely. Besides cancer, what could it be?

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have had it there for about 3 years, no pain i don t even know its there most of the time no other symptoms female, 23

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oncology
3/2/2016
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

it could be fatty tissue, or an early lipoma benign fat mass, or a subcutaneous cyst.

it sounds benign.

it would have grown if it has been there for 3 years.

it doesn't sound like cancer.

let me know if you have questions.

do you have any other questions?