Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I currently have pain on the left side underneath my ribs…

Customer Question
i currently have pain on...
i currently have pain on the left side underneath my ribs especially hurts when i have to inhale
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oncology
2/23/2016
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

pain under the left ribs is often from excessive stomach acid causing inflammation of the stomach called gastritis

drinking alcohol, tomato sauce, oily or fried foods, spicy foods, sodas, fatty foods, poor diet, junk food can all worsen stomach acid production

often times stomach acid reducing agents like maalox, mylanta, zantac, tagamet can help reduce stomach acid and help your symptoms

have you tried any of these over the counter stomach acid reducers yet?