Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Need help regarding nodular melanoma. This is on the side of…

Customer Question
Need help regarding nodular melanoma...
Need help regarding nodular melanoma. This is on the side of my foot near the heel. Is is new and and I'm concerned. It isn't dome but I can feel it when I run my finger over it. Very worried
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oncology
Photo attached
Here is another please help!
I actually scratched it and it flaked off in a few pieces. Under it is a little pink open wound spot now. Is this ok???? Could you flake off a cancer!
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/20/2016
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

no, you can't flake off a skin cancer or melanoma.

looks like a blocked skin pore or skin infection.

It looked just like a small freckle. And I easily picked it off. But now I'm worried I picked off a cancer and it will re grow worse?
Here are two others. Thank you for your opinion here.
Are these concerning?
I would so appreciate your opinion here

no, those other moles are not concerning for melanoma

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com