Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I HAVE STAGE 4 ANAL CANCER, ALSO SPOT ON LIVER, ON ROUND 7…

Customer Question
quot;I HAVE STAGE 4 ANAL...
quot;I HAVE STAGE 4 ANAL CANCER, ALSO SPOT ON LIVER, ON ROUND 7 OF CHEMO WHICH WAS LAST WEEK. TODAY I NOTICED THAT BELLYBUTTON WAS RED, SMALL CLEAR DISCHARGE, VERY SMALL, ALMOST NO BLOOD. PUT PERIOXIDE ON COTTON BALL AND IT BURNED REALLY BAD. COULD IT BE SIDE AFFECT OF CHEMO. ALSO BEEN CONSTIPATED ON OFF FOR WEEKS NOW?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oncology
2/14/2016
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your stage IV anal cancer spread to the liver.

if it has spread to the liver, it could spread to your peritoneal cavity and can spread to your abdominal wall which can eat into your belly button and cause pain.

ask your doctor for a small biopsy or ultrasound of that belly button area and see if anal cancer spread there is causing the small discharge.

if so a short course of 2 weeks of radiation could help shrink the cancer before it enlarges and cause more problems.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com