Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My husband just found out that he has a 4.7 soft tissue mass…

Customer Question
My husband just found...

My husband just found out that he has a 4.7 soft tissue mass pleural based medial left lower lobe with a few scattered borderline thoracic lymph nodes. Largest is a right paraTracheal lymph node 1 cm. Please help me to understand. Thank you.

Doctor's Assistant: Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. I know even simple seeming things can be baffling. Having your health fail in any way is awful, exhausting, scary. Is there anything else the Oncologist should be aware of?

2.8 cm elonated fluid attentuation structure along the upper right heart border.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oncology
2/3/2016
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about these findings for your husband.

how old is he?

is he a smoker?

why did he have this CT scan done?

1cm paratracheal lymph node could be 100% normal.

he could have an infection causing the 4.7cm pleural based mass.

it could be scar tissue from prior infections

or it could be a lung cancer.

I'm not sure what this 2.8cm fluid thing next to the heart boarder, could be collapsed lung, could be something else

he might need to see a pulmonologist to get a lung biopsy if he is at risk for lung cancer

does he have an appointment to see a lung specialist?

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)