Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have sirc from 2012, would I still be able to use it if I…

Customer Question
Hi Dr. DavidI have sirc...
Hi Dr. DavidI have sirc from 2012, would I still be able to use it if I need it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oncology
1/25/2016
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

what do you mean by SIRC?

It's a pill for inner ear issues

Serc tablets contain the active ingredient betahistine dihydrochloride. Serc works by improving the blood flow of the inner ear and restoring it to normal

is there an expiration date on the package or prescription?

sometimes medications can loose effectiveness after their expiration date.

if you keep the medication in a cool dark dry area, this can sometimes extend the life of medications.

if they are kept in a warm, moist, humid place, this can often shorten the life of medications.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

the expiry date on the medication is june 2012
it's in the medicine cabinet

you can try it

most likely it is not dangerous

but it could be less effective.

many medicine cabinets are in the bathroom where there can be excessive humidity from the toilet and shower

so not the best place to store medications long term.

would it hurt to try serc thast I have in the medicine cabinet
would I need a ct scan for anything

most likely the serc will not hurt you, but could be less effective

why would you need a CT scan? are you having dizziness from inner ear?

I was yesterday. The room was spinning but not today

I see.

that is good the room is not spinning today.

anxiety can cause dizziness, dehydration can cause dizziness.

if you are not having symptoms today, then don't take the serc.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

The walk in clinic doctor said I had fluid in the Middle ear and he thought the spinning was from the inner ear

then medications like serc can help

or meclizine or antivert or dramamine can help the dizziness.

can you get any of those over the counter

yes, you these are all over the counter.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

would a brain tumor cause dizziness

it wouldn't be on and off dizziness.

it would cause headaches and seizures as well

and your doctors have already looked in your ears and saw fluid.

so you don't have a brain tumor causing your dizziness symptoms.

Would a brain tumor cause the same symptoms

a brain tumor would cause constant dizziness, it wouldn't get better

and it would cause headaches and seizures as well

and your doctors have already looked in your ears and saw fluid which causes dizziness.

so you don't have a brain tumor.

if done with this question, please leave positive feedback for the help I have given you already

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

I'm sorry. My head was spinning this morning but stopped and start thinking I have a brain tumor

do you have excessive anxiety symptoms?

this can cause dizziness and worry symptoms.

I'm not sleeping well either
When I get dizzy, I don't feel faint. Just spinning and stops

these don't sound like signs of a brain tumor.

lack of sleep can cause dizziness.

you didn't answer if you have excessive anxiety symptoms.

When I got up this morning I threw up yellow stuff tastes acidy would that we cause by anxiety too

no, that would be more likely to be caused by acid reflux