Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I've had my CBC done 5 times in the past 5 days. Have I lost…

Customer Question
I've had my CBC done...
I've had my CBC done 5 times in the past 5 days. Have I lost too much blood?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oncology
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2016
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

no. each CBC only takes out a small amount of blood

your bone marrow can replace the blood that is lost

why did you have 5 CBCs done in 5 days?

do you have a blood disorder?

Monitoring my anemia and electrolyte imbalance

I see.

no, you didn't loose too much blood

your bone marrow will make more

I take it you are taking iron for your anemia?

i am

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

If there was any issue with loss of blood, they would have seen it on the most recent CBC?

they would have seen it on your most recent CBC.

you don't have to worry about 5 blood draws

Okay thank you. I was just calculating it and it's been 12 over the past month but if it would be seen on CBC then there is no need to be worried (correct??) because they said all looked well except a low white blood cell count for some reason, which I've had for quite some time.

there is no need to worry.

your CBC checks all the blood cells.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

do you have any other questions?

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)