Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My 25 year old daughter just was told she has a probable…

Customer Question
My 25 year old daughter...
My 25 year old daughter just was told she has a probable lymph node what is that in detail
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oncology
1/22/2016
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

we all have lymph nodes in our body in different lymph node beds like our neck or arm pits or groin areas.

these lymph nodes are normal parts of our immune system and help to filter the lymphatic fluid to help keep us healthy.

sometimes these lymph nodes can swell up to help fight off infections

these are called reactive lymph nodes and they can swell up temporarily for a few days to a week or two to help fight off infections

it is rare for cancer to spread to lymph nodes but it can happen and so that is why people often are scared when they feel a lymph node. they think of cancer.

but 99.999% of all swollen lymph nodes are not due to cancer.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

do you have any other questions?