Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Lungcancer stage 4. after pleurodesis my surgeon suggested

Customer Question

lungcancer stage 4. after pleurodesis my surgeon suggested that chemotherapy would be only palliative. I decided not to take any Chemotherapy and want to know what the consequences would be.
Wolfram Kuntze
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your lung cancer diagnosis.

if you don't get chemotherapy, most likely the lung cancer will continue to grow and spread

more pleural fluid could cause collapse of one of your lungs and could cause shortness of breath and fatigue eventually.

lung cancer can spread to bones to cause pain and can spread to the brain to cause seizures and headaches.

have you had a brain MRI scan to check for brain metastasis?

are you a smoker?