Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My name is ***** *****. Last year I noticed that my upper

Customer Question

Customer: Hey there my name is ***** *****. Last year I noticed that my upper right abdomen is a fair bit bigger than my upper left abdomen. What could this be? I have been for blood tests and an ultrasound from my doctor and they have found nothing wrong from what they can see. They said that none of my organs are enlarged either?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Oncology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is DR. David

it is normal for the right upper abdomen to be larger than the left upper abdomen.

your liver is on the right side so it takes up a bit of space there.

if you have lost weight recently, this can make it more noticeable.

your ultrasound scans would have seen anything abnormal inside of your body and would have seen if your liver was abnormally enlarged.

are you male or female?

have you lost weight recently?