Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

What does soft tissue transverse colon biopsy with

Customer Question
fibrovascular tissue with invasive gastric...
What does soft tissue transverse colon biopsy with fibrovascular tissue with invasive gastric carcinoma, tumor cells seen on permanent section only?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Oncology
1/1/2016
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

invasive gastric carcinoma is a cancer coming from the stomach.

which is different from the colon.

for a stomach cancer to invade into the colon means the stomach cancer must be pretty big

permanenet sections are the preserved permanent slides from body tissue preserved in formalin solution as compared to not permanent frozen sections of tissue which are faster, but not always correct.

did you have this biopsy? or a family member?

advanced stomach cancer in rare cases can invade and eat into the left splenic flexure of the colon.

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)