How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Category: Oncology
Satisfied Customers: 9314
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Oncology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

QUESTION}I have increasing pain in my right chest wall and

Customer Question

QUESTION}I have increasing pain in my right chest wall and ribs, under my right breast. I've had right breast cancer, diagnosed in March 2014, and finished chemo, lumpectomy, and rad therapy more than a year ago. I assumed it was a late effect of tangential radiation, but the chest wall and rib pain is increasing.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you need to get an ultrasound of that area to check for gall bladder inflammation

usually radiation doesn't cause pain in the ribs a year later.

I am a cancer doctor.

you could be having inflammation of your gall bladder or distal stomach or duodenum causing the pain.

advil can worsen stomach acid production and in bad cases can cause stomach or duodenal ulcers which can cause pain below the right ribs.

do you have a doctor who can check your gall bladder?