Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I've just been having a dark stool that burns when I poop

Customer Question

I've just been having a dark brown stool that burns when I poop and it's soft. Along with cramping. I've also been having chest and back pains for months now but those are from anxiety from what I have been told. And ibe also been coughing and tasting blood but no actual blood
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

if you are eating spicy foods or black pepper, your stools can burn when it comes out.

dark brown stools are normal and not dangerous

you might need to eat more fruits and vegetables in your diet.

you could be tasting acid reflux coming up from your stomach which can cause you to have a sore or bitter taste

sometimes you can have a small amount of blood in your phlegm or mucus you cough up from your lungs and this can be normal and be from dry air and irritation of your lungs.

smoking can cause irritation of the lungs as well

it doesn't sound like your symptoms are pointing towards cancer

let me know if you have questions.