Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I was diagnosed with multifocal grade 2 tubulolobular

Customer Question

Hello!I was diagnosed with multifocal grade 2 tubulolobular carcinoma pT3N1Mx.What does it mean?Thanks!
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

T3 means it was larger than 5cm in size.

N1 means there was 1-3 lymph nodes involved in your arm pit with cancer.

multifocal means the cancer was in multiple areas in your breast. that is good you had a mastectomy.

grade 2 is a scale that describes how bizzar and abnormal the cells look under the microscope compared to normal breast cells.

it goes grade 1-3, 3 being the most bizzar with cancer cells potentially acting the most aggressively.

also we need to know the hormone status of ER or estrogen receptor status and also her-2/neu overexpression or not.

your tumor was pretty large and spread to lymph nodes

most chemotherapy doctors would recommend chemotherapy after your surgery.

have you consulted with a chemotherapy medical oncology doctor yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Before mastectomy my clinical data was Right breast Grade 2 Invasive Lobular Carcinoma ER8, PR8, Her2-ve, MRI-.
Do you think I need neoadjuvant chemotherapy?I'm planning radiotherapy after New Year.Kind Regards,
Jurgita
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, with a T3N1 breast tumor, you need adjuvant chemotherapy as well as radiation therapy after chemotherapy.

chemotherapy will improve your chances of cure and decrease chances of your breast cancer spreading to other parts of your body.

did you meet with the chemotherapy doctors yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I declined chemo before operation.I used Zoladex 3,6mg and Aromasin 25mg, before operation to shrink a tumor, but I had to stop after operation, because I had very bad side effects.
I'm waiting for next appointment to see oncologist.What is my chances to recover if I will do radiation and tamoxifen?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you will recover fine if you do radiation and tamoxifen, but you have a higher chance for the cancer to come back if you don't do chemotherapy.