Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

This question is for Dr. Samurai. January of 2014. was on 2g

Customer Question
of amoxicillin a day for...
This question is for Dr. Samurai. January of 2014. was on 2g of amoxicillin a day for 14 days. For tonsillitis. Before starting the antibiotic I was prescribed a zpak for 5 days 3 weeks before the main stream antibiotic. Which was prescribed in March of
2014When the tonsillitis first happened I was taking ibuprofen every 4 hours for almost 2 weeks to deal with the pain. Shortly after starting the amoxicillin I began to have abdomial pains mostly in the upper left. I finished the amoxicillin on April 14. From
then till about June I was having off and on abdomibal pains as well as congestive belching it wasn't acidic belching. In June everything seemed to reset. All of the upper right and left pain went away. No problems at all I was able to resume drinking and
eating anything I wanted. Come late September. I had dental work and my dentist Clindamycin shortly after beginning the treatment I had the pains come back. I stopped taking the med antibiotic at the advice of my GP. The pain seemed to go away for a bit then
cam back with full force. Around the second week in October. My GP then treated me for a suspected Cdiff infection with Metronidazole. It seemed to make it worse. My congestive belching came back almost it was indigestion. I also had some back pain. My GP
ran a CBC with differential/platelet a Hepatic function panel (7). He also did an amylase and lipase serums. To check my pancreas and gallblatter and liver. Everything was normal. Now it septmeber . I'm not having much pain anymore. I do have some breathing
problems. It feel like every once in a while something is pushing up from the base of my sternum. My doctor susspect a hital hernia. I saw a gastro who wanted to scope but my insurance doesn't cover it. He seems to think its my stomach over producing acid.
I did have green stool once after eating a very high fat meal. I'm just wondering what is going on and what this could be. All anybody has been able to do is tell me what it isn't. Even though all blood test where normal could I have cancer like of the pancreas
or something else I'm only 25 and before last January I was very healthy I hardly ever got sick. I'm just looking for answers now. I am also 6'2 185 pound and very active. The pain has gone away but the pressure and bloating have continued. Chronic belching
has occurred with constipation that is causing hemriods to break. For the past week i have had pretty bad pains mostly in the right side of the abdomin and back. Doctor two days ago ran blood test the Liver fucntion level. CBC, Lipase and Amylise and everything
was normal. He is sending me for a ultra sound tomorrow to check the gallbladder. Im scared that I am walking into a potential Cancer diagnoses. What else could be causing the pain if all my level are normal in the blood.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oncology
10/2/2015
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

taking ibuprofen every 4 hours will cause severe gastritis inflammation of your stomach which can cause pain and belching.

the way we heal the stomach is to decrease stomach acid with acid reducing medications like nexium or protonix to allow the inflammation of the stomach to calm down

ibuprofen should always be taken with food in the stomach and with plenty of water. it should never be taken with an empty stomach or else it will cause stomach pains.

excessive anxiety can cause chest pressure and shortness of breath symptoms.

abdominal obesity can increase your risks for hiatal hernia. are you obese? do you have excessive anxiety or panic type symptoms?

constipation is an issue of the colon and lower intestine and is not related to the upper abdomen where the stomach is.

constipation is fixed by more fiber, laxatives, stool softeners like colace, eating prunes, drinking more water which can help constipation.

your symptoms are not pointing to cancer.

What about the right side pain and the last part that i meantioned about blood levels being normal and the ultrasound

constipation can cause right upper quadrant pain

taking too much ibuprofen can cause stomach and duodenal inflammation which can cause right upper quadrant pain.

I hope you have stopped taking the ibuprofen.

I havent taken Ibuprofen since last year. So you dont think its gallblatter

yes, gall bladder inflammation or temporary gall stones or temporary gall bladder inflammation can cause pain in the right upper abdomen.

eating fatty meals or drinking alcohol can increase risks for gall bladder inflammation.

that is good the pain has gone away.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

the pain hasnt gone away hence the ultrasound coming up
it can be crampy or just straight up pain

the ultrasound will check the gall bladder.

are you still having constipation. or passing hard stools? this can cause right abdominal pain.

are you drinking alcohol or fatty meals? this can cause gall bladder inflammation.

the stools are soft actually but when i go. Its alot would this cause the back pain also

that is good the stools are soft.

perhaps you have a lot of stools which need to come out.

if you are overweight this can put more pressure on your back and cause back pain.

what do you think it is

are you overweight?

does having bowel movements help the pain in your back?

Not all...and Im not sure ive never really noticed. It can hurt sometimes when i eat food like pzza though

pizza with cheese and tomato sauce will cause more stomach acid production and gastritis which can cause stomach inflammation and back pain

and the cheese can cause inflammation of the gall bladder which can cause pain

pizza also has wheat and gluten which can cause abdominal pain if you have gluten allergy.

is it normal for the pain to last a couple of days

I wouldn't say it is normal.

but pizza can cause stomach acid pain and gall bladder pain for a couple of days.

pizza would not cause cancer pain in those areas if that is what you are getting at.

do you think that since the pain cans been consisitant could it be cancer
or just everything you been saying gallblatter problems and other problems

the pains are not consistant

they are not due to cancer.

I am a cancer doctor.

pizza doesn't cause cancer pain.

im not talking about pizza anymore im just saying the past couple of days they have been consistant.
that is why my GP ordered the ultrasound

it sounds like you most likely have inflammation of your stomach or gall bladder causing your pains

and this is not due to cancer.

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)