Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced Oncology Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My mother got her ct scan done of her lungs which shows

Customer Question

Hi Dr David, my mother got her ct scan done of her lungs which shows these findings
1)small sub - pleural nodules in the anterior segmant of right upper lobe
2)multiple tiny nodule" bud in the tree", ground glass opacity in apical segment of right upper lobe
Category: Oncology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.

This is Dr. David

does she smoke?

is this her first CT scan before? old CT scans are good to look for these findings before if she had a prior scan.

subpleural nodules can be scar tissue and benign

multiple bud in tree nodules can be a sign of fungal infection like aspergillosis in the lungs. she might need a bronchoscopy or biopsy of that area and culture to check for fungal infection of the lungs.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear ***** ,
This was her first scan , and this was done because she coughed up lot of blood and blood clots. And she is a non - smoker . She is on blood thinning medicines. I am attaching her ct scan reports
Thanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.

thanks for the report. her radiologist thinks she could have TB infection of her lungs.

she needs skin or blood testing to check for TB infection and treatment if she does have TB.

what country does she live in?

has she had testing to check for TB?