Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

Doctors detected stomach cancer on my cousin

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oncology
7/2/2015
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

I am sorry about your cousin and his stomach cancer.

what questions do you have for me?

I wanted to know how to react. Let it be done for now. Thanks.

it depends on if the stomach cancer is localized to the stomach or if the stomach cancer has metastasized to the rest of his body

if the stomach cancer is localized to the stomach, it could be curable with radiation and chemotherapy and surgery

if he has been hiding the stomach cancer for many months to years, then chances are it has spread to the rest of his body and is no longer curable.

only CT scans of the rest of his body can see if his stomach cancer has spread to the rest of his body

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)