Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I was trying to research what mild scaring in the right

Customer Question
middle lobe and lingular lobe...
I was trying to research what mild scaring in the right middle lobe and lingular lobe with 3 nodules, 3, 5 and 7mm could mean. I have had a cough for several months that has not gone away, I just had a CT scan without contrast and waiting the results. Have been a firefighter for 18 years now retired....
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Oncology
6/25/2015
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
the vast majority of 3-7mm lung nodules are benign granuloma scar tissue in your lungs which usually resolve in 6-12 months time.
scar tissue in the lungs can come from smoking or prior smoke or pollution damage to the lungs or prior lung infections like pneumonia or bronchitis.
some granulomas can light up on CT Scan with contrast
I would get a copy of your chest CT scans.
I would be happy to review your scan reports with you
let me know if you have questions.