Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have quite lumpy breasts that always worry me - today I…

Customer Question
Hello there I have quite...
Hello there I have quite lumpy breasts that always worry me - today I woke up and had slightly compressed my breasts on one side where I was lying and it hurt. I lay on the same position on the other side and it didn't hurt when I did the same. Is this
pain relating to breast tissue pressure and why does it hurt? It is anything to worry about - I had an ultrasound of both breasts last week and there was nothing there. How can I reassure myself that it's not breast cancer and only breast tissue? What would
be the difference in pain so I know what to look for? What type of pain do you get with breast cancer? Thanks very much for your help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oncology
6/22/2015
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
This is Dr. David
breast cancer doesn't hurt in the breast
if you were lying on the breast for a long time when you were sleeping, this can cause pain in that breast just from you sleeping in that position and laying in that position.
your symptoms are not from breast cancer.