Oncology

Oncology questions? Ask an oncologist for answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I had a chest CT which showed several findings: scattered…

Customer Question
I had a chest CT...
I had a chest CT which showed several findings: scattered mediastinal lymph nodes, one borderline enlarged in the precarinal space 1.0 cm all others less than 1.0 cm. Also 4-5 mm ovoid nodular density overlying left major fissure as well as 4-5 mm subpleural opacity lateral middle lobe right. Seen also was a small nodular opacity possibly tortuous vessels. Identified atherosclerotic calcification brachiocephalic artery. Is any of this of concern?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Oncology
Also, the reason I had the CT of the chest was because I had a CT abdomen and pelvis due to right flank pain ; which showed mural thickening of the ascending colon.
5/26/2015
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 3 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
those lymph nodes in the mediastinum are normal size.
it is normal to have 1cm lymph nodes and see them on CT in the mediastinum.
it sounds like what you need is a colonoscopy to look at your ascending colon to see why it is thick there
after age 50, everyone needs a screening colonoscopy.
have you had a colonoscopy before?
I had a colonoscopy about 6-8 years ago.
I see.
you should get your stools checked again for occult blood to make sure there is no blood
sometimes you can have some temporary bowel thickening in part of the bowel from inflammation or infection
but I would not stress about the lymph nodes, they are normal size and not worrisome
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
What about the brachiocephalic artery and other nodules?
as we all get older, we all get calcifiations in our arteries.
the best way to help prevent this from getting worse is to eat healthy with lots of fruits and vegetables and less meat and to exercise regularly and keep the cholesterol levels low and blood pressure normal.
do you have any other questions?