Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

I have a lump on my tonsil that causes discomfort. I am

Customer Question
feeling extremely exhausted and feel...
I have a lump on my tonsil that causes discomfort. I am feeling extremely exhausted and feel unwell and my GP has referred me to an ENT but that appointment is almost a month away. Should I be concerned about Oropharyngeal Cancer? I have a photo of the
lump that I can submit.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oncology
5/19/2015
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
This is Dr. David
thank you for the photo
this doesn't look like a tonsil cancer
it looks like a tonsil stone or tonsilloliths
your extreme fatigue could be from a viral infection like mononucleosis.
you should get checked for mono to see if that is what is going on.
also thyroid hormone testing and B12 levels and thyroid hormone levels should be checked as well.
let me know if you have other questions.
Thank you!
I tried to remove the top one because I thought it was a tonsillolith. But nothing moved or came out.
Is the circled area on the bottom also looking like a tonsillolith despite the difference in appearance?
the bottom part looks like swollen tonsil which can be swollen in patients who have tonsil infections or mononucleosis
it doesn't look like tonsilar cancer.
if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)