Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

I have a 3.9cm thyroid complex mass on right side. Had a FNA

Customer Question
this morning. The size was...
I have a 3.9cm thyroid complex mass on right side. Had a FNA this morning. The size was 2.5 a year ago. Being optimistic I suspect the result will come back benign or undetermined. Also have recently discovered large mass in sacrum into pelvis and glutealmuscle. Any relation? Also should I have the thyroid mass removed regardless of the diagnosis?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Oncology
4/30/2015
Oncologist: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
I am glad you had the 3.9cm thyroid complex mass biopsied by FNA
thyroid lesions larger than 1cm have a 80% chance of being benign and 20% chance of being malignant. so the odds are in your favor.
most likely the sacral mass is not related to the thyroid
if the thyroid biopsy is benign, you don't have to have the thyroid mass removed. it can just be watched.
I am more worried about the sacral mass into the pelvis and gluteal muscle
are your doctors planning a biopsy of this?
do you have the CT scan reports of this?
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)