Oncology

Oncology Questions? Ask an Oncologist for Answers ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Oncology

I just want to ask one question my my mom was undergone an

Customer Question
hello good afternoon... i just...
hello good afternoon... i just want to ask one question my my mom was undergone an operation last year, she has a cancer on uterus, stage 1.
the doctors told her she is fine.
Q. is that enough? they took her uterus , is there any way we could do ? she is in philippines.
thnx and god bless
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Oncology
6/16/2010
Oncologist: Louise Sivak, Doctor (MD) replied 7 years ago
Louise Sivak
Louise Sivak, Doctor (MD)

I am sorry your Mom had cancer. What did the pathology tests show after her uterus was removed? What did her doctor recommend at that time? How is she doing now?
Thanks,

she is great in god's grace...i just worried about my mom.. i told her to have a healthy diet... she is taking herbal medicine..
thnx doctor

I cannot answer your question meaningfully unless you give me some information about the pathology of her cancer and what her doctor recommends now. Many herbal supplements can actually promote tumor growth or fight with other medicines so your Mom should be telling her doctor everything she is taking.

If you can give me some more information, I will be happy to try to answer your question as to whether your Mom may need more treatment. She should be seeing a physician at least every 6 months for a check up.

Best,

Louise Sivak
Louise Sivak
Louise Sivak, Doctor (MD)