Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 94 dies at any time and sends an ac disabled message.

Customer Question
Hi, my 94 dies...

Hi, my 94 dies at any time and sends an ac disabled message. Cold, hot, doesnt matter, suddenly happens. Camshaft sensor and computer changed for unrelated problems and problem continues. I hear a ground wire of power windows is connected to the duel pump ground, and that it may be corroded and shutting off the fuel pump. And that the AC disabled code is a dummy. Any input? Havent tried the grounding thing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses?

Yes. A long time ago I had an isolated episode and the ground of the fuse box was corroded. Afdter cleanup it never happened in years but now the corroded terminal is perfect. What should I check in the fuse box?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '94 Oldsmobile?

Royale 88

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 88 yourself? What have you tried so far?

My mechanic. he checked the use box ground and its perfect, and he changed the ignition module to no avail. He also tried another computer just in case but no changes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well, Ive never checked the fuel pump system, nor the door windows grounds as other people suggest. And I would like to know specific failure points in the fuses and fuse box.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Oldsmobile
Answered in 1 day by:
4/2/2018
Oldsmobile Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago
eric remington

sp​ecific failure points? hahah fuse boxes rarely fail...sounds like you got rust...sounds like you got a lot of issues you are trying to fix...if you want a phone call..ill give you up to 90 minutes for a twenty dollar phone cal otherwise we are chasing our tail in circles

Wow, Eric. Your 30 dollar advice was really helpful. Call you to spend an extra 20 dollars. Before I rate you, Ill give you another try.
I dont have a lot of issues. I have a single issue. My 94 Olds 88 dies suddenly, maybe once or twice a day, sometimes none, at any given moment, and in that instant, a "Hot... a/c disabled" message comes thru. It not the a/c that dies, its the engine. My car doesnt overheat. It doesnt even have to be normal temp to fail. It can happen cold.
This is my one issue.
Ive heard its a grounding failure in the fuel pump circuit that suddenly shuts it down and sends a dummy message. Ive been recommended to check on the door window circuit because they apparently share ground, not done yet. I have tested three different computers and the sporadic failure is the same. My fuse box ground is not corroded.
What do you suggest?
BTW, not hahah funny. The car stalled when I was doing 40 mph and the steering froze. Not funny at all Mr Remington.
Oldsmobile Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

o​k well we need to figure out why it stalls. it can be fuel, spark, lack of incoming air/or vacuum ...so is light coming on dash?

Oldsmobile Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

If you start it up can you hear see anything unusual does it start right up? does ac work

No check engine, only the "a/c disabled... hot" message comes up immediately. It sometimes takes 2/3 minutes to restart, more often restarts immediately. Failure is sporadic.A/C working well. Can be on or off when failure happens, seems entirely unrelated. Plus temp level is never over halfway up the gauge, can be cold or hot.Id rather not phone, I live abroad.
Oldsmobile Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

ok does radiator fan come on when ac on

Oldsmobile Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

let me have vin number please

1GHY52L9RH350503
I would need to check with my mechanic on the a/c fan (he has the car now) but as far as I know no issues with A/C.
Oldsmobile Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

LET ME KNOW IF FAN WORKS PLEASE

Oldsmobile Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

16 DIGITS NOT 17? US MODEL? NO?

1G3HV52LRH350502 will check tomorrow on fan.
Oldsmobile Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

let me know

A/C fan working normally.
When car dies, its a sudden cutoff, no hesitation, nothing, and "A/C disabled Hot" goes up. And restarts normally after a few seconds or in some cases, a couple of minutes.
Oldsmobile Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

if you want my help i have skype i can call mechanic in mexico

Oldsmobile Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

i need to speak directly with mechanic