Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 04 alero with a 2.2 eco tec that runs fine untill a…

Customer Question
i have a 04 alero...
i have a 04 alero with a 2.2 eco tec that runs fine untill a put it in gear and start going forward and then it dies and won't restart unless i let it sit for a short time and then it will restart and do the same thing.It has 55psi fuel pressure and I have replaced the crank sensor and ignition module.Any ideas on this problem?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Oldsmobile
3/28/2018
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Pete, Oldsmobile Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Oldsmobile Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Have you had the fault codes read out of the engine computer and body computer with this issue here at all?

Is anything after market installed like a remote start or alarm system at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

no and thats the problem there are no pcm or bcm codes precent or stored.no after market remote start or alarm system.

If you hold your foot to the floor on the gas pedal then turn on the key and crank it over will it start right back up again then at all?

no and thats the problem there are no pcm or bcm codes precent or stored.no after market remote start or alarm system.Yes I have done that and sometimes it will start right up and sometimes it will just turnover and no start unless i let it sit for a couple minutes.

Have you tested for spark and injector pulses when it does not start?The 55 psi of fuel pressure was this tested when it would not start?

no and thats the problem there are no pcm or bcm codes precent or stored.no after market remote start or alarm system.Yes I have done that and sometimes it will start right up and sometimes it will just turnover and no start unless i let it sit for a couple minutes.It has the fuel pressure and injector pulse but I'm not sure if it has spark thats why i replaced the ignition module and crank sensor.

Will it stay running for a long period of time in neutral or park or does it eventually stall out as well in neutral or park?

no and thats the problem there are no pcm or bcm codes precent or stored.no after market remote start or alarm system.Yes I have done that and sometimes it will start right up and sometimes it will just turnover and no start unless i let it sit for a couple minutes.It has the fuel pressure and injector pulse but I'm not sure if it has spark thats why i replaced the ignition module and crank sensor.Yes it stays running in neutral and park.

This is a tough one for me to solve here.

Unfortunately, this is all of the info I have on this myself here.Others here may be able to help further on this with the information you need.I will opt out and open your question up to everyone else here to see if they can help with this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete

no and thats the problem there are no pcm or bcm codes precent or stored.no after market remote start or alarm system.Yes I have done that and sometimes it will start right up and sometimes it will just turnover and no start unless i let it sit for a couple minutes.It has the fuel pressure and injector pulse but I'm not sure if it has spark thats why i replaced the ignition module and crank sensor.Yes it stays running in neutral and park.thank you
could it possibly be an ignition switch problem?

I see no one else has responded here.

Try tapping around the ignition cylinder to see if it cuts out or acts up and let me know.

Thanks Pete