Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Myhorn wont work 1992 olds. 2door cutles. All fuses and

Customer Question
Myhorn wont work 1992...

Myhorn wont work 1992 olds

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2door cutles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

All fuses and stilldont work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

I have a 1992 manual no info in it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Oldsmobile
1/5/2018
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. May I have the engine size of the vehicle, please, so that I can check for probable causes to your issue?

3.8

I am assuming that you mean 3.4 since there is no 3.8 for this year.

Just a moment, please.

I have checked the circuits for the vehicle. I see that you have checked the fuse. The next thing to check, and the most probable cause, is the horn relay. This relay is located in the light center in the engine compartment. You can try replacing this relay. If this is not the issue, then the horn switch inside the steering wheel has failed and will need to be replaced. Here, I am attaching the electrical diagram with the areas of concern highlighted. Along with the location of the electrical center.

Replace the relay. If the relay is sound then the issue is going to be in the switch.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.