Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Oldsmobile

Car jerks, like a mixture, but no codes with basic tester.

Customer Question
Car jerks, like a...

Car jerks, like a mixture, but no codes with basic tester

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Miss fire, no code using Advance Auto basic code reader

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Oldsmobile?

2002 olds intrigue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Intrigue yourself? What have you tried so far?

Advance Auto tried scanning for code, no codes found, referred me to a repair shop for more thorough analysis 2 days ago. Told me I had a cracked spark plug 6, replaced, seemed ok at first but problem returned quickly

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

In neutral In park, if I get rpms between 3000 to 4000, can feel miss fire

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Oldsmobile
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Oldsmobile Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

Did you check the same cylinder spark plug that was damaged before?

In their analysis they told me problem with cylinder 6, then told me cracked plug, they replaced it. This was 2 days ago can't get back to them, busy with Christmas plus I would like another opinion
If it costs another $26, I will just type
Are you still there?
You are not responding to me, I don't have time for this, you did nothing so do not bill me, I will refuse payment with my credit card company, goodbye.
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

Sorry about the wait. I has to reboot. Are you still here?

No, I didn't hear back from you, so I left the call per my message to you. There was no service provided by you so please credit any charges to my account.
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

Ok.

Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech