Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Stuck in 4wd high.. 4 brand new tires. went from 235/70/r15…

Customer Question
Stuck in 4wd high....

Stuck in 4wd high.. 4 brand new tires. went from 235/70/r15 to 235/75/r 15... ever since been in 4wd

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

Put tires on in august. no issues prior

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '70 Oldsmobile?

1999 Bravada

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Bravada yourself? What have you tried so far?

I b\

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have pulled the fuse for 4wd and it fixes the froblem but when i do it kills the gas guage and the battery light comes on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Oldsmobile
12/8/2017
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing Great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this today.

​Does the 4wd switch flash or is it on solid?

Doesnt flash at all. No switch this is smarttrak

O​kay got it, I was unsure if this was a Smarttrak model. Does the vehicle have any trouble codes stored?

Havent gotten that far. Was just looking for an idea on what/where to start in persuit of fixing. Im at work. Cant tackle anything til the weekend. Thiught perhaps this was a common symptom of something

M​ost commonly when I see these default like this it is usually a wheel speed sensor at fault. That is why we will need to check and see if there are any codes. If there are no codes then it may be a programming/wiring issue. Let me know when you have time to check it out and I will be here to continue with you :)

Thx

Y​ou are welcome