Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 Olds Alero w/a 3400SFI Eng. I ran out of gas…

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 Olds Alero w/a 3400SFI Eng. I ran out of gas not too long ago and after refueling the car I was unable to start the engine. I tried using either and it worked but the next morning I had the same problem. I suspect that the problem may be a clogged fuel filter or fuel pump. Unfortunately, I do not have the factory instruction for changing the filter and/or the pump for this car and my efforts at obtaining same have been futile. Can you help or point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Original..

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Alero yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not yet but I'd like toDYI.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats basically it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Oldsmobile
12/6/2017
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Dan, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Dan, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

It sounds like problem is more likely pump but I agree it is one of the two, give me a few minutes to upload instructions for you.

Oldsmobile Mechanic: Dan, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer, thanks.

Dan, Auto Mechanic