Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to know how to remove the cup holder from a 2003

Customer Question
oldsmobile silhouette, my cell phone...
I need to know how to remove the cup holder from a 2003 oldsmobile silhouette, my cell phone slipped through the crack above and behind the cup holder and down into the area behind the center console
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Oldsmobile
11/20/2017
Oldsmobile Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

open the cup holder and remove the two screws, it comes off.

Do you need the console procedure?

I need to remove the bottom console as well, we took off the two screws
does the console remove by screws, it just seems like it would pop off with a little pressure

Click here for procedure.

Look that over and let me know how I can help

Thanks

I looked at the diagram you submitted and there are no screws to access what you are showing. It looks like there must be clips to hold the front of the console on but if not we don't want to pull so hard and damage the unit.. If you would please help us access the inside of this console we would gladly give you a nice tip

There is the bezel, Is that what you are asking about?

Click here

Let me know if that is what you need

Yes, that bezel pries off with a flat screwdriver along the seams as shown in the procedure I posted. You have connectors to the power outlets so disconnect those once you pry it free.

how about this...How do we remove the DVD Player? In order to do so we would have to be able to remove the front of the console.

Once you remove the bezel by prying along the seam the DVD player has 4 screws to remove at its corners.

Insert a screwdriver in the seam and twist to pop the bezel off.

Please advise where to pry along the seam? The top? Along the sides? We are not wanting to break this unit. Without an image as to where the clips are we might pry too hard and break them.

I don't know how to tell you this, sides, top and bottom, little bit at a time. It is not difficult but you need to proceed and feel it as you go. You will not break it if you work along the edge til it pops loose as shown in the procedure.