Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Oldsmobile

My car wont start the mechanic saqys its my6 security system

Customer Question
and casnt nothing be done...
my car wont start the mechanic saqys its my6 security system and casnt nothing be done unlesws I take4 it to the dealer
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: no checked battery alternator, and starter
JA: What is the model/year of your Oldsmobile?
Customer: cutlass
JA: What year is your Cutlass?
Customer: 1998
JA: Are you fixing your Cutlass yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I had it in the shop
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Oldsmobile
11/5/2017
Oldsmobile Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that can cause a no start condition and it will require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong. If this shop is unable to diagnose it and it isn't something you're able to do on your own then another shop or dealer would be recommended.

Are you seeing a security light staying on or flashing?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician