Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Oldsmobile

I have a 2001 olds alero 2.4L I wanted to know I have a

p0452 code says ftp fuel...
I have a 2001 olds alero 2.4L I wanted to know I have a p0452 code says ftp fuel pressure sensor low voltage so im buying a new fuel pressure sensor when I install it will the MIL light clear right away or do I have to clear it with mt obd2 scan tool and drive for a little while or do I have to just drive it for a little awhile and it will clear on its own? Thank You
10/13/2017
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. To answer your question, yes, you will have to clear the code after the repair is done. Here, I am attaching code and vehicle specific information for the code that you have provided. This information includes inspecting and testing information also, just in case.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you another question I tried clearing the code with the old sensor on the the fuel pump and the code wont clear when I clear it on my scan tool its says code cleared but when I crank the vehicle over and start it the MIL light is still on it wont clear.

If the light still won't clear, scan the vehicle again. If the same code appears, the you will need to test the wiring to be sure that you are getting the proper signal. Here I am providing diagnosis information for the fuel system, just in case.

Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician