Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have to change the water pump on my 1994 Olds 98 Regency…

Customer Question
Have to change the...

Have to change the water pump on my 1994 Olds 98 Regency Elite, Supercharged V6 engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

Overheated a bit today, belt kept falling off because antifreeze was dripping all over it frum the hole under the pump. My main concern is if it has anything to do with timing when I remove it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Regency yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, and I know its the pump, done many, just never on 3800 Supercharged before. Its been running a little hot since I got it, now I'm pretty sure I know why

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope, should do it. Was just concerned about the timing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Oldsmobile
9/13/2017
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Chris, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. No. Replacing the water pump will not affect timing at all. So go ahead and replace it without any timing issue worries.

Chris

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

Hello, just checking in to see if you received my answer from yesterday.

Please let me know,

Chris

Good morning!
If you did receive my answer, and need no further assistance, then would you kindly take a moment and rate my service or accept my answer using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.Thank you!Chris