Oldsmobile

Oldsmobile Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Oldsmobile

I have a coil pack that it not getting power but there is…

Customer Question
I have a coil...

I have a coil pack that it not getting power but there is power at the connector.. I just replaced my spark plugs and o2 sensors .. Everything got worse after i replaced the o2 sensors

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

Yes they are

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Oldsmobile?

2001 oldsmobile aurora.. 3.5 liter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aurora yourself? What have you tried so far?

I swapped the rear coil pack to the front and it works fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i think thats it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Oldsmobile
8/6/2017
Oldsmobile Mechanic: Amedee, Oldsmobile Technician replied 6 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Oldsmobile Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

How do you know the coil pack is not getting power?

Did you check power going right into the coil pack?

If so, what were the results?

Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Oldsmobile Tech