Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  over 25 years as a GM master tech
19513769

Ac not cooling on passenger side cool air on driverside

Customer Question

ac not cooling on passenger side cool air on driverside only
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: yes no leak
JA: What is the model/year of your Oldsmobile?
Customer: 2001 Aurora
JA: Are you fixing your Aurora yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes checked fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: air blows on driversideonly not passengerside
Category: Oldsmobile
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

since the drivers side is cold but not the passenger side the odds are the passenger side temp actuator is bad

if you remove the glove box and look at this picture once the glove box is out you can change that actuator as seen here as # 2

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ill check it out and get back to you
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

you can always get me back through the post for free with any follow up

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
let me see if i can do it first thanks
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

ok

Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

how are you making out ?

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer